Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Put a lid on it!

The Beanie

The Rider

The Touk

The Touk - Side View
I have never been a hat person, but these by designer Ashley Rosebrook are something special.  They are all handmade of 100% alpaca by artisan women in Bolivia and finished by embellishing in New York.  Her ~ website ~ doesn't list pricing, but you can email to purchase.  Me?! I'm going to get my needles cracking!  That first one is the "mistake stitch," the second looks like double and single crochet, and these last two could be either moss stitch or the trinity stitch, which I absolutely love. They all look like you could use sport to worsted weight alpaca.  I love ~ Blue Sky Baby Alpacas' Sport Weight & Melange ~ for smaller projects like these.  Here's one of my favorite projects for ~ Melange ~ I made one of these for Jeff last year. The pattern is by Mac 'n Me, my all time favorite pattern line...I want to be Leslie Scanlon in my next life!
I've always hated hat hair after you take your hat 
off, but with all of these...
why would you take your hat off?

2 comments:

  1. I love how a simple brooch can really dress up a knit hat. These are awesome. I wish I knew how to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandi, you should learn! I bet your local knit shop would love for you to sign up for a workshop and some even hold free help sessions! Get yourself some needles and some yarn (of course the needle size and yarn weight have to match so get some help with that) and go on http://www.knittinghelp.com and you'll be stitiching before you know it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to the Party!
Anonymous comments will be selectively published and spam deleted!