Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I feel like a two-year-old screaming...

..."BY MYSELF!"
I set out to slipcover this chair as soon as Jeff left town because I knew he'd have a hard time with the animal print. I was bound and determined that it would be perfect for the room... and well, I had it in my stash, so I needed to use it. After two very long days and a box of Band-aids, what started out as a simple sewing project, became a reupholstering project.>:[  I should have taken before pictures, but I did think to get this naked one. The chair had chunky cording on all the edges that would look a mess under a slipcover so when I started taking it off... well, I really got into it and before I knew it, I had it down to it's bare bones. I really felt like a two-year-old at this point thinking, "Uh-Oh!" I admit I've pulled this off once before, but with an instructor 20 years ago! I was a bit nervous about not having any tools of the trade. I saved every tack and used every piece of fabric I pulled off to guide my scissors and my staple gun....

TA-DA!
I'm going upstairs now to finish the next
MBR project...the drapes...3 panels finished,
ONLY ONE MORE TO GO!

3 comments:

  1. WOW...that is gorgeous, and the pillow is perfect. (I hadn't thought about Bledsoe's "Bitter Blood" in a while...great book I spied on your shelf).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please post pics of your drapes as well when you get them done! I am a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, I have a wingback chair that needs help...I'm just sayin"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to the Party!
Anonymous comments will be selectively published and spam deleted!