Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Checking It More Than Twice . . .

This new yarn from Berocco,
~ Campus ~

Looks like it should be on my "Knit This" List! It's a bulky, slightly thick and thin blend of wool, acrylic and alpaca with 130 yards per skein and a gauge of 3 stitches per inch on US#10.5 Ummm...@ $10/skein, how do you spell Christmas Lists with check marks on them?

...Simple Gift Cowl...
Size: S (G, SSGE)
(that would be Sister, Girlfriend, Secret Santa Gift Exchange)

Grab 3(2,1) skeins and cast on 90(80,72) stitches... place a marker and join in the round... work about 4 or 5 rows in 1x1 ribbing... and continue working in stockinette finishing with the same number of ribbed rows as in the beginning for a smooshy cowl. 

Sounds like car knitting and check marks to me!

Stitch a little leather label on the edge that you've put your signature on with a Sharpie and you've personalized a pretty good gift. I haven't tried this yet, so don't blame me if it doesn't work, but you're a smart girl, if it looks weird, pull it out and make some adjustments to my snappy instructions. I'll let you know how mine turns out when I pick up some of this yarn. I think it's going to be a great substitute for some of the more expensive yarn alternatives. This would look great in Linen or Trinity Stitch too if Stockinette bores you... But don't drive and knit those :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a car project for a long drive to Tennessee! :( LM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to the Party!
Anonymous comments will be selectively published and spam deleted!