Saturday, September 18, 2010

Blogger 20 Questions . . .

Just read this 20 Questions game on
and just couldn't resist playing along.

(I'm suppose to be watching a movie with Jeff, but it's a guy flick...)

I hope after you read my answers, 
you'll leave a comment with a link to your own 
answers on your own blog.

1. Blogging Since... June 2007 (I started ~ ChampagneMaker ~ back in 2007, but it got a little crowded, so I branched off and created blogs for different purposes. ~ Stitch Poet ~ and Crush Party were born in December 2009 and ~ Crush Cul de Sac ~ in June of this year).

2. Was there any event, incident or anecdote in your life that pushed you to start blogging?  I started ~ ChampagneMaker ~ as a way to share the things I make, ~ Stitch Poet ~ to share my knitting patterns, and Crush Party because I was filling up my hard drive with photos of inspiration that deserved to be shared with YOU... and ~ Crush Cul de Sac,~ my tumblr, because there are just not enough hours in a day and so many beautiful things to share.

3. Did you follow any blog before creating your own? Good Lord YES! And that number grows daily. I am addicted, but figure as far as addictive behavior goes, it's harmless, right?

4. Do your family and friends know about your blog? I have friends, and you know who you are, that love it and get annoyed when I don't post, but as far as family goes, besides ~ PrettyStuff,~ Jeff and Hobbs (of course the boys think it's stupid)... Some do I guess... but I don't know if they read it regularly or even like it. My mom says, if you can't say anything nice, not to say anything at all... uh-oh... they haven't said anything. yikes.

5. Favorite time of the day to write posts?  Early morning and late at night...

6. Longest hiatus between posts?  I hate to miss a day, but sometimes deadlines take over. Another reason I created the ~ Cul de Sac ~ with no words.

7.  Have you set any goal about your blog? Anything you want to achieve with it?  Not really, but I do have a fantasy of attending a big gathering of all the bloggers I follow. 

8. Do you believe it has some kind of social function? Sure, Comments make my day, followers my month. I've connected with people all over the world. It's pretty cool...

9. What would put an end to your blog? I guess if they started charging you to have one, or if it became illegal... again, I'm pretty addicted... I guess if it interfered with my family, I'd have to ditch it.

10. Do you have or consider having more than one blog?  Yes, but mine are pretty simple. Some of the blogs put me to shame with the time they spend researching their posts. I think of myself as just passing on the stuff I stumble onto and I find that inspires me and occasionally sharing the stuff I make. I'm pretty good at spending someone else's money!

11. You follow more A)personal blogs, B) news blogs, C) thematic blogs? A and C equally...

12. You tell yourself you need to A) post/comment less, B) post/comment more, C) post less, comment more, D) post more, comment less? BBBBB!!! Always. I know how happy I get when someone comments on my blog and I really try to comment when I have something to say beyond "wow," but sometimes, that's all I can think of..."wow, just wow!" 

13. Have you ever stepped back and deleted things after posting? haha YES! Especially after ~ PrettyStuff ~ calls and says, "MOM! You can't put that on the internet!" hahaha She's a wee bit more conservative than I. I will also delete something if, after posted, it looks weird or the colors are annoying. I'm annoyingly visual.

14. Have you refused to publish any comments? Why? Yep! I don't publish spam and I don't publish the mean stuff unless they have a legitimate point. Some people are just plain mean and I think that's weird when all I'm doing is sharing stuff. Especially here on Crush Party... it's not usually my stuff and I'm not in the business to pass along stuff to hurt anybody's feelings. Like my mom says, if you have something ugly to say, just add "bless her heart" to soften the blow! I guess these mean folks aren't southern.

15. Has Twitter changed anything about your blogging habits? No, but I think I'd tweet more if I had a fancy phone. I'm the worst tweeter on the planet.

16. Has Facebook changed anything about your blogging habits? No. I have my blog links posted on my Facebook profile, but not my Facebook link on my blogs.

17. Do you ever wonder if you're disclosing too many personal details? Not really. I don't really have anything to hide.

18. Do you feel like a blog star? NO! With only 50 clicks on the follow button, I'd say I'm a loser. But it sure is fun when a Blog Star recognizes you on her blog, follows or comments!

19. Do you conceive blogging without the help of Google Images or Youtube? I don't use google images as much as I use the blogs and the tumblrs I follow for Crush Party and I try to keep everything I post on ~ ChampagneMaker ~ my own photos.

20. Have you lied in this questionaire? haha No! Somebody would always call you out on that!

Now it's your turn
Delete my answers and reblog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to the Party!
Anonymous comments will be selectively published and spam deleted!