Monday, October 11, 2010

Am I Crazy?




Artwork & Images of ~ Kirsten Heckterman ~

...to think that I could embroider 
linen drapes for my family room?! Am I?
By George, I think I'm going to do it!

I'm so inspired by the work of Kirsten Heckterman, a London based, Kenyan born Stylist.  Kirsten has worked in the creative industry from Chef to Designer.  She has a clothing line made of Swahili textiles and a collection of Spoons made on the Kenyan Coast with a percentage of her profits supporting Marine Projects. Her embroidery is what I love the most. I wish I could blink and find the time to make drapes that feel like these photos for my home. I love linen, but it is being used so much in the interiors industry that I would love to make them special and only mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to the Party!
Anonymous comments will be selectively published and spam deleted!