Friday, October 29, 2010

A Little Sketchy . . .

A girlfriend asked me the other day 
how I keep it all straight.
I seem to have several irons in the fire 
at all times and am a little ragged 
on the edges more than occasionally...
I have these in each and every bag I carry.
(Ruled Pages, 5.25" x 8.25")
pronounced \kä-ya\. 
The word is of French origin, meaning paper-book.

You might think that's not so much, 
but, let's just say I'm one bag
short of stealing a cart 
from the grocery!
(Plain Pages, 7.5"x9.75")
AND THESE! ~ are my favorites!
...beside every chair...
...in every project bag...
...behind every lamp...
...under every arm...
...and I'm obviously over the moon about them...

They come in a few colors,
but I always buy the kraft paper brown,
stamp my bee on the front,
and off we go. 

Moleskines are one of my not-so-secret vices. I get nervous when I don't have at least three empty ones in waiting. "Champagne, aren't they just boring little brown notebooks that you can get anywhere?" NO! I SAID!

"MOLESKINE is the legendary notebook that has held the inspirations and ideas of everyone from Van Gogh, Picasso and Hemingway to famed author, Bruce Chatwin. Artists, authors, and geniuses of all variety have long appreciated the simplicity and superior functionality of these notebooks.

Originally these books were produced by small French bookbinders who supplied the Parisian stationery shops frequented by the international avant-garde. However, In 1986, the last manufacturer of Moleskine, a family operation in Tours, closed and Moleskines were gone – but not forgotten. As a result of their previous popularity and demand, they did return. In 1998, a small Milanese publisher brought these books back for writers, artists, travelers and all free-thinkers around the globe." via ~ their website ~

I keep thinking they are gonna
make me crazy talented someday too!
hmmmm

If you want a sturdier Notebook,
These ~ Volant Notebooks ~ are nice,
but smaller than I like and seem 
a little too serious for me. 
They come in a bunch of colors, 
but I still like the kraft cardboard.
They just fit me.

I'm gonna order one of these
And I think these are really cool.
I wish they'd put this expandable pocket 
in the back of the Cahier Notebooks!
It has a slim pocket, 
but I'd like the expandable.


I'm serious about my Moleskines, I buy them atBinders ~ andPaper Skyscraper ~ here in Charlotte if you think you need to go getchu some! They come in little packs of threes. I love to decorate them for my "sketchy" friends too. They make a fun thoughtful gift I think. 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these sketch/writing booklets. They remind me of the kind I had at school as a young girl.. And I realize that makes me sound like I am a 100 years old.. Ha ha!! :) (I am not that old..)

    Have a fun and fabulous Halloween.

    Hugs from Sydney

    xx Charlotta

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to the Party!
Anonymous comments will be selectively published and spam deleted!