Monday, October 11, 2010

Through Her Eyes . . .

I just followed the link from ~ Rikshaw ~ to Philippine Scali's website. I am left speechless and dreaming of the day I could even halfway take a photograph, style one, or make something that kicks a sense into action... makes you feel something. Clicking through her site, I am reminded of the many of the saved Ansel Adams quotes in my files...



"Simply look with perceptive eyes at the world about you, 
and trust to your own reactions and convictions. 
Ask yourself: 
"Does this subject move me to feel, think and dream? 
Can I visualize a print - 
my own personal statement of what I feel 
and want to convey - from the subject before me?"
...ansel adams...


"Photography, 
as a powerful medium of expression 
and communications,
offers an infinite variety of perception, 
interpretation and execution."
...ansel adams...



"Photography is more than 
a medium for factual communication of ideas. 
It is a creative art."
...ansel adams...
  


"Sometimes I do get to places 
just when God's ready to have somebody 
click the shutter."
...ansel adams...


"You don't take a photograph, you make it."


"Twelve significant photographs 
in any one year is a good crop." 
...ansel adams...


"A photograph is usually looked at - seldom looked into."
...ansel adams...


"Not everybody trusts paintings, 
but people believe photographs."
...ansel adams...


"To the complaint, 'There are no people in these photographs,' 
I respond, 'There are always two people: 
the photographer and the viewer."
...ansel adams...


"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
...ansel adams...


"There are no rules for good photographs, 
there are only good photographs."
...ansel adams...



"When words become unclear, 
I shall focus with photographs. 
When images become inadequate, 
I shall be content with silence."
...ansel adams...

Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming to the Party!
Anonymous comments will be selectively published and spam deleted!