Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One Door Closes . . .

concreteanddust:

interior-s:via www.pennymorrison.com
...And another gets a paint job...
I just ran across this photo in one of my favorite tumblrs, 

I have the same photo (and more) from this house torn from a magazine and stored in my "if we ever have our mountain house" file. I think this is what sparked the idea to paint the closet doors in our entry hall. They have "what's in here" paintings on each door....

...Behind door No. 1...
Oh my, let's leave this door closed.
All my "stuff" but this is where I
stash my hula hoop!

Can you see the little "stuff" in the nest?
...There's something for all of us...

...Can you find...
...Jeff's guitar string...~ PrettyStuff's ~ Kappa Delta Pin...
...Hobbs's track spike and shoe string...
...my yarn and a needle and thread...

...Behind Door No. 2...
...and empty twig...
...this is a boring closet...
...just a vacuum and some coats...

...Behind Door No. 3...
...this is my yarn closet...
...hence the appropriate "tailor" bird...


...I should probably add a lock to this one...

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely - what paint did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Gosh! It's been so long I can't remember!!! The base was a satin Benjamin Moore, but I don't remember the color and the glaze was a brown oil after I painted the acrylic decorative painting. They are still here, haven't painted over them! I've thought about it a few time, but not just yet! Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete

Thanks for coming to the Party!
Anonymous comments will be selectively published and spam deleted!