Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pillow Inspiration !

The New Victorian Ruralist
love it!

I've got the whole family room redo to pillow up!
...Here's a peek so far...






{the background is to reupholster my sofa * the fabric with the fun medallions is my chairs which just arrived * I have 7.5 yards of the French Knot twig fabric and plan to use it somehow in the drapes maybe with a pecan linen * zebra linen trimmed in blue, pussy willow, and French knot monogram are for pillows on the chaise which will need a slipcover * the crewel is for 2 throw pillows on the sofa}

I need some darker fabrics. Have you seen anything fun that would work?
I loved those super chunky-giant corduroy chairs I posted yesterday.
I need that fabric to break up the duck egg blue on the sofa.
...I saw it somewhere this week in the blue...
but I liked that pecan color...or olive green would be fun!

My Bee Skep Needlepoint looks good in the mix too.
I gotta get that finished...only a few more leaves to go!
Maybe I'll needlepoint a rug for in front to the fireplace when I finish!


...It's a start, don't you think...
...being a do-it-yourselfer and on a tight budget is hard...
but I wouldn't have it any other way!


2 comments:

  1. It's going to look amazing...can't wait to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw thanks...we'll see, anything would look better than the brown that owns this room right now...fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to the Party!
Anonymous comments will be selectively published and spam deleted!