Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fashion's Spielberg . . .

(email subscribers may have to visit the post on the party to actually view the two posted videos) 

You've seen the images over and over. 
You've torn and pasted the pages in your inspiration file. 
Watching this video confirms that it's not a waste of time. 
I have no doubt that all visually inspired people do this, but 
I also have no doubt that few translate what they've torn as well as 
 
~ Tim Walker
 
...quite possibly the most talented fashion photographer to date...
...Vogue's very own Spielberg...

 In Fashion, Tim Walker / an interview by Penny Martin / June 2009 

Got 15 more minutes? Visit SHOWstudio to view this interview entirely. 
...it's worth it, I promise...go on...

Do you understand "the scent?" 
do only what you LOVE and "you'll never get lost." 
Thank you Mr. Walker, we have "been touched" by your photographs!

There are books available for ~ purchase here ~ and ~ hereand if your budget allows, ~ here! ~ You would have to consider this last book an art purchase, because it is... 

3 comments:

  1. No Comments yet on this???!!!!!! OMG! I am blown away! Sooooooooooo outrageously creative and from saving all these photographic bits in plastic sleeved books........ Amazing........Thanks Ms Bubbles!Maryanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, had a typo and I hate a typo!

    Maryanne! Don't you just want to go be creative now? Of course, all I did was go out with PrettyStuff today and buy 3 very pretty dresses! I knew he was amazing, but honestly, I never knew that he styled all the shoots that way. It is always so inspiring to actually see where they start to simmer. AMAZING! Just when I start to feel all crafty, something like this puts me in my place...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to the Party!
Anonymous comments will be selectively published and spam deleted!