Friday, December 9, 2011

Pretty Stuff for PrettyStuff . . .


My sweet daughter has finally come around.
It took 23 years, but twice in the month of December 2011,
she has asked me for a handknit!

She started small with a winter white cowl to match her sweet new little car, but um... she is not one for baby steps! She went from "I don't really like handknits." (kill me now, just who's daughter is she anyway?) to chunky oversized $1710 Christian Dior "Mom can you make this?" All in a matter of 3 weeks...and I could not be more thrilled to make this for her!!!!!

Rowan Cocoon? Double Strand something with Rowan Kid Silk Haze?

...time for swatching...

Pssst: Next I'll get her to wear a color!
(#willneverhappen)


3 comments:

  1. WOW! I know that has to be so so very exciting for you!! And that sweater is AAAAAAMAZING! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I'm one of many of your hundreds of fans (and Pretty Stuff's) who are fervently hoping you will make the pattern available for sale! Thank you for sharing!

    Did you make up a pattern for the cowl?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Y'all, yep the cowl will be available as soon as I can get little miss prettystuff to hold still long enough for pictures. she's a busy girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming to the Party!
Anonymous comments will be selectively published and spam deleted!